Whole Wheat Pita Chips
Crunchy homemade whole wheat pita chips -- perfect for dipping or eating plain!
4 whole wheat pita breads
Sea salt or table salt
1. If pita breads have two layers (like my whole wheat pita pocket breads), split the pita around the edges to make two thinner circles of bread (8 thin pieces all together).
2. Brush both sides of each round with olive oil. Using a pizza cutter, slice each round into 8 triangular wedges.
3. Spread wedges in a single layer on a baking sheet. Sprinkle both sides lightly with salt.
4. Place baking sheet in pre-heated 450 degree oven. Bake for 5 minutes and check for doneness. Depending on how thick your chips are, they could take between 5 and 9 minutes to bake. Check frequently to avoid burning the chips!
5. Finished chips can cool on the sheets or on a wire cooling rack. Enjoy plain, or with your favorite dip!
Whole wheat pita chips served with Creamy Guacamole
These chips can also be made with plain (white) pita pockets.