A layered lasagna of pasta, chicken, cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese, and a homemade white sauce
9 lasagna noodles, cooked according to package instructions
2 Tablespoons butter
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 medium onion, chopped
2 Tablespoons flour
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
1 1/2 cups milk
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon basil
4 ounces cream cheese
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
8 ounces (2 cups) mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 cup cottage cheese
2 cups cooked cubed chicken
1/8 teaspoon oregano
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Saute onions and garlic until translucent. Add flour and cornstarch, stirring to mix. Add milk, pepper, salt, and basil, whisking until well mixed. Cook and stir until thick and bubbly.
2. Add cream cheese and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook and stir until cream cheese is melted. Add parmesan cheese, stirring to mix. Remove from heat.
3. In a bowl, combine 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese, the cottage cheese, and the chicken.
4. Grease an 8x8 inch baking dish. Put a layer of lasagna noodles in the bottom of the dish. Top with half of the chicken mixture. Put a layer of lasagna noodles on top of mixture. Top with half of the white sauce. Continue layering noodles, chicken, noodles, and sauce.
5. Top with remaining 1 cup of mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with oregano.
6. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes, until lightly browned.
I created this lasagna recipe because I wanted a completely white lasagna and didn't have a recipe for one. :)
This is a delicious, flavorful, creamy white lasagna! If you love chicken alfredo, or white sauces in general, you should try this lasagna. :) It's a nice change from regular lasagna -- I love it! My rating: 10/10