Tropical Mixed Fruit
A colorful medley of kiwi, strawberries, pineapple, and peaches
8 oz. strawberries (fresh or frozen, but the former preferrable)
29 oz. canned peach slicesÂ in light syrup (drained)
15 oz. canned pinable bits in their own juices (keep juice)
1. Stem strawberries. Cut the strawberries in halves or quarters, depending on preference. Small garden strawberries need not be diced. Dump into a large bowl (preferrably one that has a lid).
2. Peel the kiwi with a knife, removing the fuzzy exterior skin. Slice into bite size pieces. Dump into the bowl with strawberries.
3. Add drained peaches to the fruit bowl. You may also slice the peach slices in half.
4. Add the pineapple tidbits and pineapple juice to the fuit bowl and gently stir and mix the fruit.
5. Refrigerate and serve cold.
You may wish to add other fruit like mangos, oranges, apples, grapes, cherries,Â bananas, and so forth.
If you add bananas we suggest adding them just before serving. This way they will be slightly firm and will prevent browning.
10/10 from me! This is my favorite way to eat a variety of fruit: bite-sized pieces, and in real fruit juice. This tastes as good as a dessert, but it's fruit! Yum! :)