Thin-Crust Chicken Bacon Artichoke Pizza
Thin crispy crust with a light garlic sauce, topped with grilled chicken, turkey bacon, mozzarella, baby spinach, marinated artichokes, and feta cheese
8 large slices
1/2 cup warm water (115 degrees)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/3 cups all-purpose or bread flour
1 teaspoon dry yeast
Garlic Sauce Ingredients:
1/4 cup light or fat free Italian salad dressing
1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic or garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
dash black pepper
1/2 cup cubed or thinly sliced grilled or rotisserie chicken breast meat
1 cup (loosely measured) baby spinach leaves
1/3 to 1/2 cup marinated artichoke hearts, blotted dry and cut into bite-size (small) pieces
8 ounces (2 cups) shredded mozzarella cheese
2-3 slices turkey bacon ("fully cooked"), chopped into small pieces
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
Green onion slices, optional
Parmesan cheese, for serving (optional)
1. To make crust, place warm water and salt into a medium mixing bowl. Add a cup of the flour and the yeast, and stir. Add remaining flour (1/3 cup) and stir or knead into a sticky dough, adding additional water if needed. Allow dough to rest, covered with a clean towel, for at least 10 minutes but up to 30-45 minutes.
If you have a bread machine, this first step can be done by putting all crust ingredients into the machine and using the dough cycle to knead for 10-15 minutes, until a soft, sticky dough is formed. Stop the machine and allow dough to rest for at least 10 minutes, or up to 30-45 minutes.
2. Liberally butter a 16-inch round pizza pan, and then with your clean buttery hands, spread dough thinly over the pan. Be gentle and have patience, as this does make a perfectly thin crust!
3. Combine the garlic sauce ingredients and spread the sauce over the dough/crust and allow to rest for 15 minutes or longer (up to 45 minutes).
4. Sprinkle toppings evenly over sauce in order listed.
5. Bake pizza in a pre-heated 450-degree oven for 10 minutes or until top is browned and bubbly, and crust is slightly browned on the bottom. Watch carefully to avoid burning! :)
Cut pizza into 8 slices and serve hot, with parmesan cheese if desired. Enjoy!
Check out our tips for making perfect homemade pizza!
We have a number of other yummy pizza recipes we've created. Homemade pizza is one of our favorites!!
I've also shared tips for making and serving homemade pizza to guests. We frequently make pizza for company, as it's always a huge hit!
The inspiration for this pizza combination came from a Papa Murphy's ad for their "Chicken Bacon Artichoke DeLite" pizza.
The pizza pictured on their ad looked so tantalizingly delicious, I just had to re-create it at home!
This recipe was featured in 10 Fabulous Foods We Make At Home (Not Buy!) :)
I've never actually eaten Papa Murphy's version of this pizza, but we thought ours was fabulous!
It's a nice change of pace from our traditional red sauce pizza, and maybe even a little healthier since it uses just 8 ounces of mozzarella cheese for the whole (huge) pizza!
Try this recipe if you love experimenting with pizzas!! :)
We've also re-created Papa Murphy's Mediterranean Herb Chicken Pizza, and it's another favorite!