Seasoned Baked Potato Wedges
Potato wedges tossed with seasonings and oil and baked
6-8 medium potatoes
2 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons onion powder
2 teaspoons chili powder
grated Parmesan cheese
1. Scrub potatoes and rinse under cold water. Pat dry.
2. Cut potatoes into wedges or thin steak fries (about 6-8 wedges per potato).
3. Using a large mixing bowl, toss potatoes in oil. Or, put oil and potato wedges in a gallon-sized ziplock bag, seal, and shake to coat. (Or, use a large bowl with a tight-fitting lid, and shake to coat.)
4. In a small bowl, mix dry ingredients thoroughly. Pour over potatoes and toss to coat. Or, add seasonings to bag, seal, and shake to coat.
5. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spread potatoes in a single layer on an ungreased non-stick* baking sheet.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until potatoes test done with a fork. Sprinkle with salt to taste.
*If using another kind of baking sheet, either grease the sheet first, or use a layer of parchment paper.
The basis for this recipe was given to Joshua from one of his co-workers, Jack in Ohio. Measurements and directions, as well as photos, are our own. :)
These potato wedges are easy to make, and taste delicious!! Joshua and I were both surprised the first time we made them, at how quickly they were made and in the oven, and then at how deliciously crisp and flavorful they were after baking! :) We've made this recipe many times since. My rating: 10/10
I used this seasoned baked potato wedges recipe (baked with 2 baking sheets) and half-way through the baking time, I put some asparagus stalks on top of one sheet of potatoes, and then put the rest of the potatoes on top.
I put the heaping pan back in the oven to finish baking. Delicious! I served this with baked salmon fillets.