A casserole of tender broccoli with chunks of chicken, topped with a flavorful sauce and cheese, served over rice
16 ounces frozen broccoli florets (or about 3 cups fresh broccoli florets)
3 cups cooked cubed chicken
2 cans cream of chicken soup*
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups rice (uncooked measurement), cooked according to package instructions (should make 4 1/5 cups of cooked rice)
1. In covered saucepan, cook broccoli in water just until tender, about 5 minutes.
2. In greased 9 x 13 baking dish, spread broccoli across bottom and sprinkle chicken evenly on top. Generously sprinkle black pepper over chicken.
3. In mixing bowl, combine cream soups, mayonnaise, curry powder, and chicken broth, whisking until smooth. Pour over chicken. Sprinkle paprika on top if desired.
4. Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Spread cheese on top and bake 5-10 minutes longer, until melted and slightly browned.
5. While casserole is baking, cook rice. Serve the chicken and broccoli mixture over hot rice.
*I use homemade cream of chicken soup. I estimate that 2 cans of soup equals about 3 cups of my homemade cream soup.
Saucy Broccoli Chicken Bake, served with Asparagus and Onions
This recipe was included in my freezer meal plan of main dishes when preparing for the birth of my fourth child. Read my update on how this recipe and the others turned out after freezing!
This is an easy casserole recipe, and a great way to eat chicken and broccoli! I always use my homemade cream of chicken soup, and it turns out wonderfully. The curry powder lends a unique taste and a lovely yellow color. The broccoli blends with the sauce and cheese for a great all-in-one meal!
This recipe originally didn't call for rice, but at the recommendation of several reviewers, we tried it over rice and liked it even better that way!! This is now one of our favorites!! :)
My rating: 10/10.
|Average vote based on 20 reviews.|