Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
An easy, chewy bar cookie with oats and chocolate chips!
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
1 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
3 cups rolled ("old-fashioned") oats
12 ounces (2 cups) semi-sweet chocolate chips**
1. Cream butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla with electric mixer on high.
2. Stir in flour, salt, and baking soda, all at the same time. Stir in oats. Last, add chocolate chips and stir them in (or use clean hands, if the dough is too stiff).
3. Press cookie dough into a greased 9x13-inch baking dish. Dough should be somewhat flattened, but it's okay for some cracks to remain. :)
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes, or until lightly golden and cookies are set in the middle.
5. Cool for 20 minutes; cut into 24 squares. Delicious warm or cold! :)
*I like to use a combination of all-purpose and whole wheat (or whole wheat pastry) flour. It's always turned out great!
**This makes very chocolate-y cookie bars. If you like fewer chocolate chips in your cookies, etc., you may want to halve this amount (6 ounces, or 1 cup).
This recipe was originally sent to me from Holly. I've altered it slightly, and the photos are mine, of course. :)
This is a fabulous, super-easy bar cookie recipe! It's pretty basic, very yummy, and fast enough that the boys and I have made several pans "at the last minute" to take places. :)
I LOVE oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, and it's hard not to eat too many of these! ;) Taking them to potlucks and such ensures that the temptation isn't around too long. ;) My rating: 10/10