Kitchen Tip Tuesdays: Tips for soaking pans
Since I generally do dishes just once a day, I often have a few pans from earlier in the day to wash after dinner. Here's a couple soaking tips for pans:
When you're finished using a pan, put the lid on it. This traps the moisture inside and keeps food from drying on the pan.
If you heat water for coffee or tea (am I the only old-fashioned one who still heats water on the stove for these?), use any extra (leftover) hot water to soak pans or skillets until it's time to wash them. Just pour the water in the pan and put the lid on -- even just half an inch in the pan with the lid on will "soak" your pan nicely! :)
My cleaned-up kitchen before bed; I love a clean kitchen!
To Participate in Kitchen Tip Tuesdays:
Post a kitchen tip in your blog. Link to this post, and then leave your link in a comment here, so we know where to find YOU! :) No giveaways or non-tip posts, please! We need to be able to easily find/see what your kitchen/cooking tip is. :) Thanks for your participation! :)
Leave your tip links in a comment. I'll manually add them to this post!
1. Make the most of your oven use (Day By Day Masterpiece)
2. Tips for healthy grains/breads on a budget (Purposely Frugal)
3. Freezer meal tips (Trial and Error Home Ec)
4. Baking potatoes without foil (Simple Foody)
5. Pantry and stockpile organization (Cooking Up a Sale)
6. Measuring shortening (Meditations and Bread)
7. Keeping greens fresh (A Proverbs 31 Wife)