Powdered sugar is one of those messy pantry ingredients, at least in my house. A couple years ago I tried making my own powdered sugar which was a disaster. (Now that we own a Vitamix blender, I'm pretty sure it would work.)
So, I usually buy a bag of powdered sugar at Costco which lasts us something like 2 years. And Joshua did this handy storage trick to keep it from puffing everywhere when I rummage through my Lazy Susan looking for other stuff.
Look! Two twisters! This bag can be picked up or shoved around without puffing powdered sugar everywhere!
And then we stuck it in this plastic canister I had laying around and wasn't using. My Lazy Susan is looking much more organized. (But I think that should be a whole separate post... how to tame the Lazy Susan which is so handy to just throw/push/squeeze/squish everything inside!)
Apple Brownies recipe -- super easy and a delightful Fall treat!
To Participate in Kitchen Tip Tuesdays:
Post a kitchen tip in your blog. Link to this post, and then leave your link in a comment here, so we know where to find YOU! :) No giveaways or non-tip posts, please! We need to be able to easily find/see what your kitchen/cooking tip is. :) Thanks for your participation! :)
Leave your tip links in a comment. I'll manually add them to this post!
1. Gluten-free enchilada substitution tip (Western Warmth)
2. Fruit fly trap (Whole New Mom)
3. Reducing tomato sauce (A Dusty Frame)
4. Tomato sauce tip (Trial and Error Home Ec)
5. Freezing bananas (Anne Jisca's Healthy Pursuits)
6. Evenly dusting sugar or spices without a shaker (Sabby Ink)
7. Secret to crispy fried potatoes (A Proverbs 31 Wife)
8. Old socks become cleaning rags (Recipes Happen)