Kitchen Tip Tuesdays: Tip for fresh fruit in the fridge
In a previous week's kitchen tip, I wrote about my soft resting place for fragile fruit that needs to ripen at room temperature.
When my fruit is ripe, I usually move it to the fridge for cold storage until we eat it. (Bananas are the exception.) Joshua prefers chilled fruit and I must admit, I'm starting to, too.
The fruit boxes at Costco come with soft trays for the fruit to nestle. I moved some juicy ripe peaches, tray and all, to my fridge drawer last week:
As I'm using the peaches, I'm placing other fuit in the spots. Pears, oranges, apriums. The tray cushions the fruit as I open and close the drawer.
Strawberries are in season, along with peaches. I put this plate of fruit out for dinner last evening and had to snap a picture before we started eating; it was so pretty! :)
To Participate in Kitchen Tip Tuesdays:
Post a kitchen tip in your blog. Link to this post, and then leave your link in a comment here, so we know where to find YOU! :) No giveaways or non-tip posts, please! We need to be able to easily find/see what your kitchen/cooking tip is. :) Thanks for your participation! :)
Leave your tip links in a comment. I'll manually add them to this post!
1. Spices in a small kitchen (Recipes Happen)
2. 10 tips for hosting a summer grilling party (The Local Cook)
3. Using leftover potato peels (Feel Good About Dinner)
4. Double boiler tip (Living So Abundantly)
5. Cross-contamination in the kitchen (Sunnyside Homestead)
6. Using up bread crumbs (Purposely Frugal)
7. Tips for making faster dinner rolls (Western Warmth)