Kitchen Tip Tuesdays: Temporary spoon rest
I don't own a spoon rest. (Do you?)
For some reason, spoon rests seem cluttery and annoying to me. I usually just put spoons on the (clean!) counter when cooking and wipe the counter when I'm done. Before I had a dishwasher, that seemed easier than washing an extra dish! :)
When warming up leftovers, I like to use the empty leftovers containers as a "free" temporary spoon rest. The dish is already going to need washed, anyway!
This "spoon rest" had leftover cooked carrots in it
To Participate in Kitchen Tip Tuesdays:
Post a kitchen tip in your blog. Link to this post, and then leave your link here, so we know where to find YOU! :) No giveaways or non-tip posts, please!
In order to keep the kitchen tips more easily accessible, posts not adhering to these guidelines will be removed. We need to be able to easily find/see what your kitchen/cooking tip is. :) Thanks for your participation! :)
Leave your tip links in a comment. I'll manually add them to this post!
1. Transferring dry ingredients without mess; marking containers (Feel Good About Dinner)
2. Keeping lettuce fresh after cutting it (Frugal in Florida)
3. Frying pan tips (The Local Cook)
4. Easy baking soda dispenser (Purposely Frugal)
5. Electric pressure cooker tips (Jayde at The Riley's Blog)