Kitchen Tip Tuesdays: Flavoring coffee while brewing it
Forgive me if I'm silly for having just figured this out, but... :)
As I was making a cup of coffee last week, I suddenly realized that I could add ground spices to the coffee as I was brewing it!
I started with cinnamon and coffee, and made a delicious cup of... cinnamon coffee!
Spices for homemade chai tea
Then yesterday, I made a chai spice blend with some freshly ground allspice and cardamom (in my suribachi), nutmeg, cloves, and cinnamon. Mmmm... it tasted wonderful!
There was no powdery residue in my coffee, since my coffee-making method uses a paper filter. Using ground cinnamon and other spices might not work so well in a French Press. Try cinnamon bark chips or coarsely-ground spices instead? :)
Anyway, I'm just a little excited that I can take a bag of "plain" coffee and vary the flavors according to my mood... so easily! :) And, my "homemade" flavors tasted so good -- much better than a lot of the flavored coffees I've tried. :)
See also: Cozy and Warming Chai Tea Lattes for a Winter's Day (No snow yet this year in Seattle...)
To Participate in Kitchen Tip Tuesdays:
Post a kitchen tip in your blog. Link to this post, and then leave your link here, so we know where to find YOU! :) No giveaways or non-tip posts, please!
In order to keep the kitchen tips more easily accessible, posts not adhering to these guidelines will be removed. We need to be able to easily find/see what your kitchen/cooking tip is. :) Thanks for your participation! :)
Leave your tip links in a comment. I'll manually add them to this post!
1. Cookie baking tips (Willa at Armstrong Family Fare)
2. Sweet potato puree tips (Heather at Feel Good About Dinner)
3. Make-Your-Own (DIY) tips (Adrienne at Whole New Mom)
4. Snowflake birthday party tips (Christy at One Little Word She Knew)
5. Essential sauces tips (The Local Cook)
6. Tomatillos tip (Jenny at Entrusted With)
7. Individually freezing bacon w/o cookie sheets (Gwen at Gwen's Nest)
8. Cooking and baking tips (Cheryl at The Bz House That Love Built)
9. Tenderizing chicken (Living So Abundantly)