Since I'm not very tall (5'4"), many times the top shelf of a kitchen cupboard is too high for me to reach without getting a chair or stool, especially if it's something in the back of the cupboard.
My lazy woman's solution? Get a silicone spatula and use it to grab the item and pull it to the edge of the shelf. I have a shiny/smooth silicone spatula that is especially "sticky" and helps me get just about anything from the back of the cupboard without dragging over a chair. Yay! :)
Do you have any tips for helping short(er) people in the kitchen? I'd love to hear them! :)
To Participate in Kitchen Tip Tuesdays:
Post a kitchen tip in your blog. Link to this post, and then leave your link here, so we know where to find YOU! :) No giveaways or non-tip posts, please!
In order to keep the kitchen tips more easily accessible, posts not adhering to these guidelines will be removed. We need to be able to easily find/see what your kitchen/cooking tip is. :) Thanks for your participation! :)
Leave your tip links in a comment. I'll manually add them to this post!
1. 8 time-saving kitchen tips (Adrienne at Whole New Mom)
2. Using parchment paper for cookies (Anna at The Joyful Wife)
3. Sneaky carrots (Christy at One Little Word She Knew)
4. Save money by using re-usable sandwich bags (Stacy at Stacy Makes Cents)
5. Keeping pancakes warm without turning on the oven (SnoWhite at Finding Joy in My Kitchen)
6. Menu plan and grocery list tips (Purposely Frugal)
7. Organizing foods you stock up on (Heather at Feel Good About Dinner)
8. Quick and easy way to pit cherries (Georgia at Georgia's Cookie Jar)
9. Ideas for leftover chicken (Living So Abundantly)
10. Tips for packing tasty healthy lunches (The Gentle Mom)