Kitchen Tip Tuesdays: Making the best grilled hot dogs (tip from Joshua)
Joshua makes amazing food on his grill. I love it when he cooks for us!
We bought a package of all-beef hot dogs at Costco, and Joshua made them (okay, part of them! It was a big package!) on the grill. Best hot dog I've ever eaten!
Here's Joshua's tip for making the best grilled hot dogs (or other similarly-shaped meat on the grill):
Grill the hot dogs parallel to the grill grate. When the hot dog is resting between the slats (rather than across many slats), it holds the heat in and gets nice and hot, quickly, without burning!
Joshua also grills with the lid closed on his grill. Always. We want food that's hot inside but not burned on the outside! (Why DO some people grill with the lid open??)
A loaded grilled hot dog: chopped Vidalia onions, dill pickle relish, horseradish mustard, ketchup, and cheese!
Memorial Day weekend was hot (70's)! We ate burgers outside and then roasted marshmallows on the grill. Here are Joshua and Eliyahu (5)... so cute together! :)
To Participate in Kitchen Tip Tuesdays:
Post a kitchen tip in your blog. Link to this post, and then leave your link here, so we know where to find YOU! :) In order to keep the kitchen tips more easily accessible, we need to be able to easily find/see what your kitchen/cooking tip is. :) Thanks for your participation! :)
Leave your tip links in a comment. I'll manually add them to this post!
1. 10 gardening tips (The Local Cook)
2. How to store fresh asparagus (Mindy at The Purposed Heart)
3. Cutting green onions (Cheryl at The Bz House That Love Built)
4. How to make coconut butter (Adrienne at Whole New Mom)
5. How to make homemade microwave popcorn (Stacy at Stacy Makes Cents)
6. Tips for sauces and gravies! (Donna at Moms Frugal)
7. Make jam without heating up the house (Jodi at Lg Family Farm)
8. "Double" your chicken breasts (Living So Abundantly)
9. Freezing onions