Kitchen Tip Tuesdays: Shortcut for making burritos
Frozen burritos, wrapped in foil, are easy to re-heat in the oven and taste great! I'm not usually that excited about freezer meals, but burritos are our favorite of all the things we've tried freezing pre-made. :)
Making burritos "in bulk" saves a lot of time, since I just cook large batches of the fillings and then fill the 25-40 burritos all at once, on the kitchen table or counter.
Today's tip? In a large bowl, mix together your filling ingredients, such as beans, cooked meat, rice, shredded cheese, hot sauce, etc. Then, spoon filling onto each torilla and wrap.
Mixing the filling in a bowl is a lot easier than individually sprinkling all the ingredients on each tortilla, and the cheese melts and holds everything together nicely, since it was all tossed together beforehand. :)
Our best Mexican recipes (I love Mexican food!!)
To Participate in Kitchen Tip Tuesdays:
Post a kitchen tip in your blog. Link to this post, and then leave your link here, so we know where to find YOU! :) No giveaways or non-tip posts, please!
In order to keep the kitchen tips more easily accessible, posts not adhering to these guidelines will be removed. We need to be able to easily find/see what your kitchen/cooking tip is. :) Thanks for your participation! :)
Leave your tip links in a comment. I'll manually add them to this post!
1. Making breadcrumbs (Linda)
2. Easy slow-cooked mashed potatoes (Jo)
3. What to do with small amounts of leftovers (Ann)
4. Lettuce to salad in a snip (Donna)
5. Roasting pan substitute/tip (Elsa)
6. Sharing a pear without waste
7. Mashed potatoes tips (Alea)
8. 10 uses for kitchen tongs (Tara)
9. 3 ways to save money in the kitchen (Christine)
10. Easy way to fill muffin tins (Christy)
11. Easy re-usable swiffer cloths (Christy)