Kitchen Tip Tuesdays: Fruit basket tips
I took a picture of my fruit basket one day after noticing that it held all GREEN fruit:
Bananas, avocados, and apples! :)
Fruit Basket Tips:
- Choose a basket or bowl that allows airflow. I use a wooden basket that's rectangular and can hold quite a bit of fruit. :)
- Place fragile fruit, like bananas, avocados, peaches, etc. on top of heavier fruit like apples.
- Fruit will ripen faster when stored together in a basket. See this tip for helping bananas (or other fruit) NOT ripen so quickly!
- To prolong the life of ripe fruit, place in the fridge. In the case of bananas, freeze ripe bananas to use for baking.
- If you prefer chilled fruit (which we do when it comes to apples, pears, etc.), place a basket or bowl of washed fruit in the fridge. This makes it super easy to grab an already-clean apple or other fruit for a quick snack! :) I love it when I have room for a fruit basket in the fridge!! :)
Bonus tip: When making something that requires mashed bananas, use a potato masher to quickly mash them! :) I found this post from about 3 years ago, with Eliyahu (then nearly 2) mashing the bananas for banana bread. So cute! :)
Related Kitchen Tips:
To Participate in Kitchen Tip Tuesdays:
Post a kitchen tip in your blog. Link to this post, and then leave your link here, so we know where to find YOU! :) No giveaways or non-tip posts, please!
In order to keep the kitchen tips more easily accessible, posts not adhering to these guidelines will be removed. We need to be able to easily find/see what your kitchen/cooking tip is. :) Thanks for your participation! :)
Leave your tip links in a comment. I'll manually add them to this post!
1. Keeping apple slices fresh (Jocelyn)
2. 10 uses for a cookie sheet (Tara)
3. Mashed potatoes tip (Christina)
4. Tips for using winter squash (Katie)
5. Washing apples in dishwasher (Gretchen)
6. Buying fresh whole fish (Elsa)
7. Bread rising tip (Tereza)
8. Tip for bulk ice cream/freezer burn (Danelle)
9. Organizing benevolent meals (Rebecca)
10. Cooking with the computer (Linda)