If you need to save half of an avocado for a later time, here is how to store it to minimize browning:
Use the avocado half without the pit, and leave the pit in the other avocado half. Press plastic wrap onto avocado flesh and place in refrigerator. This will minimize browning until you are ready to use the rest of your avocado! :)
And a few delicious ways to enjoy avocados:
Okay, writing this post just made me way too hungry. I should know better than to write about avocados without having any in the house! At least I have some beans in the fridge... and sour cream! I will survive after all! ;)
To Participate in Kitchen Tip Tuesdays:
Post a kitchen tip in your blog. Link to this post, and then leave your link here, so we know where to find YOU! :) No giveaways or non-tip posts, please!
In order to keep the kitchen tips more easily accessible, posts not adhering to these guidelines will be removed. We need to be able to easily find/see what your kitchen/cooking tip is. :) Thanks for your participation! :)
Leave your tip links in a comment. I'll manually add them to this post!
1. Use stale bread for croutons
2. Tips for not having a microwave (Christy)
3. Double-check when using stovetop (Kolfinna)
4. Inexpensive countertop solutions (Cindy)
5. Freezer defrosting tip (Christine)
6. Fresh fruits/veggies -- number vs. volume (Annie)
7. Minimizing mold on berries (Alea)
8. Freezer meat organization tips (Angela)