Reader Sheila sent me a link to this online recipe calorie calculator. Copy and paste your recipe ingredients into the calculator, select the number of servings, and get instant nutrition information and calorie counts!
This is a whole lot easier than manually figuring out the calorie count in a from-scratch recipe! I'll still probably use my food scale quite a bit for accurate portion sizes, but an automatic calorie calculator is a huge time-saver when figuring out the calories in a casserole or dish with many ingredients! :)
To Participate in Kitchen Tip Tuesdays:
Post a kitchen tip in your blog. Link to this post, and then leave your link here, so we know where to find YOU! :) No giveaways or non-tip posts, please!
In order to keep the kitchen tips more easily accessible, posts not adhering to these guidelines will be removed. We need to be able to easily find/see what your kitchen/cooking tip is. :) Thanks for your participation! :)
Leave your tip links in a comment. I'll manually add them to this post!
1. Minimizing watermelon mess (Alea)
2. Keeping water bottles cold all day (Tara)
3. Top 10 kitchen gadgets/tools and uses
4. Homemade croutons (Jennifer)
5. Multi-purpose kitchen basket
6. Tips for cooking liver (Shannon)
7. Easy natural cheap summer "popsicles"
8. Frugally stretching a chicken (Michele)
9. Coating a cake pan with cocoa (Lynn)
10. Homemade fruit and veggie wash
11. Substitution for dates in recipes (Kolfinna)
12. Food safety -- dishes with eggs (Annie)
13. Freezing portion-sized meatloaves (Tiffany)