Kitchen Tip Tuesdays: Keeping celery fresh
For longer shelf life, store celery in vegetable drawer, wrapped snugly in aluminum foil.
I like to save the celery hearts for soup. (Hearts from two bunches of celery are shown above.)
After we use the green stalks for salads or celery sticks, the light inside stalks, along with all of the leaves, are perfect for adding to vegetable soup or chicken soup! Just wrap in foil and save until you're ready to make soup.
More of my favorite foil tips:
To Participate in Kitchen Tip Tuesdays:
Post a kitchen tip in your blog. Link to this post, and then leave your link here, so we know where to find YOU! :) No giveaways or non-tip posts, please!
In order to keep the kitchen tips more easily accessible, posts not adhering to these guidelines will be removed. We need to be able to easily find/see what your kitchen/cooking tip is. :) Thanks for your participation! :)
Leave your tip links in a comment. I'll manually add them to this post!
1. Keeping flour fresh (Katie)
2. Food Saver tips (Donna)
3. Choosing asparagus (Alea)
4. Baking soda in the kitchen (Cherity)
5. Stretching soup (Rachel)
6. Grinding flax tip
7. Clumpy brown sugar (Christy)
8. Avocado tips (Loretta)
9. Freshness of food when shopping (Kolfinna)
10. Chicken stock tips
11. Uses for egg shells (Aimee)
12. Saving a burnt cake (Toni)
13. Grated cheese tips (Annie)
14. Keep eggs from expiring (Rena)
15. Measurement conversions (Mary Ann)