Kitchen Tip Tuesdays: Adding salt to rice; not-so-sticky rice
Though my blog (and computer, and email) have been neglected (for months, really!), my family has not. And in my spare moments, I'm truly planning to get back "on track" and manage to post at least a few times a week! I miss writing here, and my lack of blogging certainly isn't due to a lack of things I'd like to write about!! :)
Sweet little Moshe, who somehow brings even more love and joy to our home! More baby pictures and the birth story coming this week, I promise!!
This week's kitchen tip:
For consistently salted rice, stir in the salt with the rice and water before cooking, rather than salting after the rice is cooked.
For rice that doesn't stick together in clumps after cooking, add a tablespoon of butter or oil to the water before cooking.
Does anyone else have rice tips to add? I'd love to hear them!
To Participate in Kitchen Tip Tuesdays:
Post a kitchen tip in your blog. Link to this post, and then leave your link here, so we know where to find YOU! :) No giveaways or non-tip posts, please!
In order to keep the kitchen tips more easily accessible, posts not adhering to these guidelines will be removed. We need to be able to easily find/see what your kitchen/cooking tip is. :) Thanks for your participation! :)
Leave your tip links in a comment. I'll manually add them to this post!
1. Frugal menu planning tip (Rachel)
2. Easy freezer veggie puree/fruit tips
3. Smooth homemade pudding tip (Lynn)
4. Re-freezing raw meat (Laura)
5. Freezing small portions/less waste (Mandy)
6. Hands-free recipe holder tip (Amy)
7. Using tortilla chip crumbs (Kolfinna)
8. Easy cookie/shortbread rollout (Alea)
9. Non-slip cutting board tip
10. Kitchen trash bag tips (Melinda)