Kitchen Tip Tuesdays: Tips for seasoning and roasting whole chickens
I frequently serve oven-roasted chicken for dinner during the cooler months of the year. Roasted chicken is one of Joshua's favorite meals, and it's SO EASY! :)
If you've shied away from roasting a whole chicken in the past, let me encourage you to try it at least once (especially if your husband/family loves tender cooked chicken)! :)
Cooking a whole chicken really is as easy as:
1. Open the package, remove giblets from the inside, and rinse the chicken under cold running water.
2. Sprinkle the outside of the chicken with seasonings.
Tip: I rinse the chicken in my (clean) kitchen sink and then lay it in the sink to season the first side. After seasoning one side, I flip the chicken breast-side-down into my dish and season the other side.
3. Cover and bake chicken in the oven, or use your crock pot to cook it! (See my oven-roasted chicken recipe for times, temps, and baking details.)
Tip: I bake the chicken breast-side-down for super tender white meat.
4. Serve and enjoy!
I vary the side dishes when serving chicken, but usually include some sort of vegetable (green beans, peas, carrots, corn) and some kind of starch (potatoes, rice, egg noodles). For a real treat, we'll have mashed potatoes and freshly made chicken gravy... and sometimes I warm some homemade wheat bread to serve with butter. :)
The leftover chicken is very handy for soups, sandwiches, or just about any casserole calling for cooked chicken meat! :)
To Participate in Kitchen Tip Tuesdays:
Post a kitchen tip in your blog. Link to this post, and then leave your link here, so we know where to find YOU! :) No giveaways or non-tip posts, please!
In order to keep the kitchen tips more easily accessible, posts not adhering to these guidelines will be removed. We need to be able to easily find/see what your kitchen/cooking tip is. :) Thanks for your participation! :)
Leave your tip links in a comment. I'll manually add them to this post!
1. Kitchen scissors (Donna)
2. Seasoning cast iron (Donielle)
3. Quick drying ziplocks (Laura)
4. Deviled egg tips (Katie)
5. Composting tip (Mamie)
6. Leftover pie tip (Julia)
7. Clean kitchens (Kolfinna)
8. Safe disinfectant for cutting boards (Jo)
9. Turkey broth from bones (Shaina)
10. Chicken stock (Lora)