I have lots of tips for homemade pizza! Joshua and I both love pizza, and have done a lot of experimenting with homemade pizza in the 7 years we've been married.
My mom makes pizza, and her recipe has a pre-baked crust to avoid the burned-top, raw-crust dilemma. ;) My mom's pizza is yummy, and growing up I tasted restaurant-pizza only a few times, so I couldn't quite understand why Joshua insisted that we needed to master the "bake the dough and toppings all together, one time" trick! :)
But, experiment we did... and now I make what we consider to be excellent homemade pizza... rivaling anything we've tasted anywhere else!
Here is the recipe I use: Tammy's Easy Pizza. (See the recipe for additional notes and tips!)
A few quick tips:
I did a price breakdown of my homemade pizza recipe here... concluding that my 16-inch turkey pepperoni extra-cheese pizza costs just $3.25 in ingredients!
I've also shared my tips for making homemade pizza to serve to guests. I especially like serving pizza to families with children, since it's always a hit! :)
To Participate in Kitchen Tip Tuesdays:
Post a kitchen tip in your blog. Link to this post, and then leave your link here, so we know where to find YOU! :) No giveaways or non-tip posts, please!
In order to keep the kitchen tips more easily accessible, posts not adhering to these guidelines will be removed. We need to be able to easily find/see what your kitchen/cooking tip is. :) Thanks for your participation! :)
Leave your tip links in a comment. I'll manually add them to this post!
1. Fats/oils and substitutions (Katie)
2. Thanksgiving turkey tips (Stephanie)
3. Instant yeast (Toni)
4. Thanksgiving turkey prep tips (Amy)
5. Apple peeler (Liz)
6. Spaghetti sauce cans/jars (Kolfinna)
7. Measuring cups/spoons (Linda)
8. Homemade pizza tips and cost of ingredients (Trixie)
9. Storing quick breads w/out getting soggy tops
10. Roasting butternut squash (Kristia)
11. Remembering aprons (Cindy)
12. Cleaning cutting boards w/out chemicals
13. Buttermilk in mashed potatoes (Susan)
14. Storing pot lids (Lenetta)