In-Season Recipe Swap: Apples!
This week's In-Season Recipe Swap theme is apples! I love apples. They are so delicious to munch on fresh, and so easy to use in a variety of baked foods. I don't think I ever get tired of apples! :)
My Mom's Baked Apples is a fun alternative to making fresh applesauce, for an easy fruit side dish. :)
Today Yehoshua (5) and I made Apple Brownies. This is a favorite recipe from my childhood, and very easy to make!
We had a good time in the kitchen! :)
The finished Apple Brownies: Moist and sweet! :)
I also made New Year's Apple Challah twice last week, in celebration of Yom Teruah (Day of Trumpets), one of the Biblical festivals we observe. :)
To participate in this week's In-Season Recipe Swap:
Post your on-theme recipe, including your own photo of the food. Link to this post, and then come over here and let us know where to find YOU! Just leave your link in a comment and I will manually add them to this post throughout the day. :) Recipe theme for next week (Sept. 30) is cabbage.
1. Stevia-sweetened Applesauce (Shannon)
2. Pumpkin Apple Streusel Muffins (Quinn)
3. Apple Crisp (Amy)
4. Apple Slaw (Sara)
5. Mom's Apple Pie (and more!)
6. Nanna's Apple Pie (Jessica)
7. Apple Pie Muffins (gluten free) (Chaya)
8. Apple desserts (Lynn)
9. Favorite Apple Cake (Donna)
10. Jewish Apple Cake (Lauren)
11. Pressure Cooker Applesauce (Alea)
12. Libby's Apple Spice Cobbler (Libby)
13. Apple Cranberry Crisp