During the really hot weather, I take my slow cooker outside to cook. (I've also done this with a toaster oven in the past.)
When we lived in Missouri, I put it on the porch and ran the extension cord under the door (it wasn't a tight door!). In Ohio, we had an enclosed back porch and I plugged it in out there. Here, I take it out to the apartment balcony.
This really helps keep the house cooler! :) Anyone else have hot-weather cooking tips to share?! :)
To Participate in Kitchen Tip Tuesdays:
Post a kitchen tip in your blog. Link to this post, and then leave your link here, so we know where to find YOU! :) No giveaways or non-tip posts, please!
In order to keep the kitchen tips more easily accessible, posts not adhering to these guidelines will be removed. We need to be able to easily find/see what your kitchen/cooking tip is. :) Thanks for your participation! :)
Leave your tip links in a comment. I'll manually add them to this post!
1. Wheat tips (Donna)
2. Stove and oven cleaning (Katie)
3. Stovetop cleaning (Tereza)
4. Covering leftovers (Vanessa)
5. Preserving zucchini
6. Pre-made seasoned rice tip
7. Lemon zest tip (Connie)
8. Pitting cherries
9. Coring tomatoes easily (Brandy)
10. English muffin pizza tips (Angela)
11. Need Help With Vacuum Sealer and Dehydrator (Lenetta)
12. Making bread into cinnamon swirl bread (Laura)
13. Keeping the fridge clean (Tiffany)
14. Less smelly canned tuna (Shaina)
15. Dripless muffins and cupcakes (Heather)
16. Easier lunch prep tips (Mrs. Pear)
17. Grease disposal (Melinda)