Kitchen Tip Tuesdays: Keep potatoes from boiling over
I used this tip last week when I was boiling some potatoes for potato salad.
To help a busy, distracted, or scatter-brained cook (like me!) avoid a messy stove top from potatoes boiling over, rub a thin layer of butter around the top rim of the pot. The potatoes won't boil over! :)
I happened to have an empty butter wrapper handy, so I used it to grease the top inch or two of my stock pot. I think the second or two it took for this extra step was worth it, since I was doing about 5 other things at the same time, getting ready for company! :)
To Participate in Kitchen Tip Tuesdays:
Post a kitchen tip in your blog. Link to this post, and then leave your link here, so we know where to find YOU! :) No giveaways or non-tip posts, please!
In order to keep the kitchen tips more easily accessible, posts not adhering to these guidelines will be removed. We need to be able to easily find/see what your kitchen/cooking tip is. :) Thanks for your participation! :)
Leave your tip links in a comment. I'll manually add them to this post!
1. Tips for using extra spinach (Katie)
2. Ways to cook using less heat (Alea)
3. Freezing Blueberries (Sara)
4. Mayonnaise substitutions (Becky)
5. Never use salt (Sarah Eliza)
6. Cleaning copper pots
7. Making extra for the freezer (Alyssa)
8. Banana slicer for kids (Julie)
9. Impromptu pan lids (Kolfinna)
10. Soup helps for kids (Christy)
11. Uses for an ice cream machine (Heather)
12. Using up leftovers (Jennie)
13. Homemade bread crumbs (Denise)
14. Crockpot lasagna tips (Abrianna)