I am still learning how to best use a dishwasher, now that we've lived here for 6 months. I finally figured out how to keep little things, like measuring cups, from flipping over in the wash and ending upside down with food and water in them.
I hook the little holes around the spokes that stick up.
Another trick, which I personally do but can't recommend, is to put the small sippy cup parts in the silverware holder, at the bottom underneath lots of silverware. The silverware keeps the little pieces from flying away!
I do this because I usually only have 1-2 little pieces, which is not enough to bother with a big plastic basket for holding small stuff. But I can't recommend it since most plastics say they are for the top rack only!
Any more dishwasher tips to share with this novice user? :)
To Participate in Kitchen Tip Tuesdays:
Post a kitchen tip in your blog. Link to this post, and then leave your link here, so we know where to find YOU! :) No giveaways or non-tip posts, please!
In order to keep the kitchen tips more easily accessible, posts not adhering to these guidelines will be removed. We need to be able to easily find/see what your kitchen/cooking tip is. :) Thanks for your participation! :)
Mr. Linky is on sick leave, so leave your tip links in comments and I'll manually add them to this post every couple hours during the day. Thanks so much for your patience! :)
1. Storing Fruit (Stephanie)
2. Dish space (Sam)
3. Identifying trans fats (Katie)
4. Freezing sugar cookie dough (Lori)
5. Peeling hard boiled eggs (Amanda)
6. Storing 25lbs of rice
7. Not washing measuring cups
8. Cutting bacon in half (Kara)
9. Grating chocolate (Becky)
10. Freshening garbage disposal
11. Freezing burgers (Sara)
12. Adding potato flakes to bread (Sherry)
13. 14 Time-Saving kitchen tips (Amanda)
14. No-mess meat thawing (Jane)
15. Recipe binder (Phoebe)
16. More moist cake/cupcakes (MJ)
17. Cleaning with peroxide (Heather)
18. Easy way to cook bacon
19. Greasing pans tip (JessieLeigh)
20. Wear an apron (Cindy)
21. Summer kitchen survival (Donna)
22. Oil pan spray substitutes (Mary Ann)
23. Tracking grocery spending (Jennifer)
24. Storing homemade ice cream
25. Unintentional air freshener (Jamie)
26. Freezing strawberries (Allyson)
27. Meatball tip (Kirstin)
28. Deals on fresh produce (Danelle)