Kitchen Tip Tuesdays: Don't drop the eggs!
Have you ever grabbed a carton of eggs from the fridge, and nearly dropped it because inside, it looked like this??
Well, that's what used to happen to me... until I started taking out eggs in a balancing pattern:
Just use from the middle first, and take out every other egg. Don't leave 3 or 4 or 5 eggs all at one end -- or someone might grab the empty end of the carton -- causing the heavy end to drop unexpectedly!
Am I the only one who has a method for taking eggs out of the carton? Tell me this isn't silliness, and that you, too, have had the "Oh no, I nearly dropped the eggs!" scare!
Originally posted in 2007
To Participate in Kitchen Tip Tuesdays:
Post a kitchen tip in your blog. Link to this post, and then leave your link here, so we know where to find YOU! :) No giveaways or non-tip posts, please!
In order to keep the kitchen tips more easily accessible, posts not adhering to these guidelines will be removed. We need to be able to easily find/see what your kitchen/cooking tip is. :) Thanks for your participation! :)
Leave your tip links in a comment. I'll manually add them to this post!
1. Double boiler substitute
2. Tips for eating plain yogurt with less sweetener (Katie)
3. Kombucha tip (Donna)
4. Entertaining children in the kitchen
5. Clean hands when breading/flouring (Jennifer)
6. Fast way to peel potatoes (Nancy)
7. Clean up as you go along (Mary Jo)
8. Snowflake food tips/ideas (Laura)
9. Carry-in dinner tips (Kolfinna)
10. No-mess chopping tip
11. Cream of tartar substitution (Kirstin)
12. Low-fat cooking tips (Harper)