Kitchen Tip Tuesdays: Partial boxes of pasta
Have you ever opened a box of pasta, used part of it for a recipe, and then later forgot how much pasta was left in the opened box? Well, I used to do that all the time. I usually buy big boxes of things like spaghetti and macaroni, and whether there's 8 or 12 or 16 ounces used, I can never seem to remember.
So now, when I open a new box and use some of the pasta, I mark the outside so I can remember later. I'm not sure why it took me so many years of guesswork to figure out this trick, but it sure makes things easier! :)
Update: Since this post was originally written (5 years ago!) I got this digital kitchen scale. I use it a lot -- more than I ever expected I would! :)
To Participate in Kitchen Tip Tuesdays:
Post a kitchen tip in your blog. Link to this post, and then leave your link in a comment here, so we know where to find YOU! :) No giveaways or non-tip posts, please! We need to be able to easily find/see what your kitchen/cooking tip is. :) Thanks for your participation! :)
Leave your tip links in a comment. I'll manually add them to this post!
1. Homemade popcorn (Western Warmth)
2. Space saving freezer tip (Feel Good About Dinner)
3. Getting wax off apples (Finding Joy in My Kitchen)
4. Frozen ginger tip (Sunny Side Homestead)
5. Pressing sticky baked goods (Living So Abundantly)
6. Fall pantry tips (The Local Cook)
7. Lattice pie crust shortcut (Black Fox Homestead)
8. Homemade tortillas tips (Recipes Happen)