My Mom's Baked Apples
Cinnamon-sugar sprinkled over baked apple pieces; delicious hot or cold!
9 cooking apples (anything except Red Delicious will work)
3/4 cup water
lemon juice, optional
3-4 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1. Peel apples. Cut each apple in half and remove the core.
2. Place apples core-side-up in a 9x13-inch glass baking dish. Pour a little water into the dish -- about 3/4 cup -- so that there's a thin layer on the bottom.
3. If apples are not very tart, sprinkle with lemon juice. For tart apples, skip this step.
4. Sprinkle each apple half with about 1/2 teaspoon sugar.
5. Sprinkle cinnamon over apples.
6. Bake uncovered in a pre-heated 325 degree oven for 25-35 minutes or until apples test tender with a fork. Serve hot or cold, or over ice cream!
If your apples aren't very good, just cut apples into fourths, remove bad spots, and toss into the dish.
This is a yummy and easy way to use lots of apples! My rating: 10/10