A creamy sweet caramel for dipping apples or drizzling over ice cream or other desserts
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups brown sugar (we like dark brown sugar best!)
3/4 cup light corn syrup
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. In a 2-quart saucepan, melt butter on low heat.
2. Add brown sugar, corn syrup, and milk, stirring to combine. Increase heat to medium (or perhaps just below medium).
3. Stir constantly until mixture comes to a boil.* Use a spoon that won't melt -- the caramel gets pretty hot!
4. Remove from heat and whisk in the vanilla and cinnamon.
5. Serve warm or cold with apple slices, or drizzle over ice cream.
*For a thinner caramel dip, cook and stir mixture just until the sugar is completely dissolved, and then remove from heat. You'll need to taste it to see whether it is completely dissolved -- it takes longer than you'd expect! :)
about 20 minutes
I love caramel. This homemade caramel sauce is delicious!! It's easy to make, and tastes wonderful. If you like caramel, you'll love this! My rating: 10/10
|Average vote based on 9 reviews.|