A soft homemade pizza crust with a cream cheese spread and apple slices, topped with a crumb topping
1 cup warm water (112-115 degrees F)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons oil
3 cups flour
1 tablespoon dry yeast
3 tablespoons butter
3 large cooking apples, peeled and sliced thinly
3/4 cup sugar
3 tablespoons flour
2 teaspoons cinnamon
Cream cheese spread:
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/3 cup flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup soft butter
1/3 cup quick oats
1. Making the crust: First, combine water, salt, sugar, and oil in a small bowl. Whisk together flour and yeast in a large bowl. Add wet ingredients and knead into a smooth dough, adding additional flour if needed. Knead for about 5 minutes, cover dough with a towel, and then set aside to rest while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
2. Making the apple topping: Whisk together the flour, sugar, and cinnamon in a medium-sized saucepan. Add butter and apples, and heat over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer just until apples are tender. Set aside to cool.
3. Make the cream cheese spread by combining the cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, and nutmeg in a bowl and beating until smooth. Set aside.
4. Combine crumb topping ingredients until mixed and crumbly.
5. Punch down dough from step 1, and spread onto a greased 16-inch round pizza pan, or onto pan(s) of your choice. Gently spread cream cheese over dough with a knife or spatula. Pour apple mixture evenly over cream cheese. Sprinkle with crumb topping.
6. Cover pizza and let set in a warm place for about 15-20 minutes. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and bake pizza in the center of the oven for 25-30 minutes, until done.
This recipe was based on Cathy's Apple Pizza recipe.
This is a delicious homemade apple dessert pizza! It's similar to the apple pizza desserts that can be ordered at some pizza restaurants. It's very yummy, and not difficult to make (especially if you've ever made homemade pizza before!). I thought it was a little time-consuming to make, simply because there are so many different mixtures (crust and three "toppings") but it's not difficult and tastes really good!! My rating: 10/10.
|Average vote based on 3 reviews.|