A soft and fluffy pumpkin spiced quick bread with a cinnamon glaze drizzled on top! The best pumpkin bread ever!
8 mini loaves, 3 regular loaves, or 24 muffins
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup oil
1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin puree
1/2 cup freshly-squeezed orange juice
Zest of 1 orange
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves*
1 teaspoon ground cinnamoon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg*
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
~1 teaspoon water
1. In a medium mixing bowl, beat sugar, oil, eggs, pumpkin, orange juice, and orange zest. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the remaining dry ingredients. Pour pumpkin mixture into bowl with dry ingredients, and stir until no lumps remain.
3. Lightly grease and flour loaf pans or muffin pans. (This recipe will fill about 8 mini loaf pans, OR 3 regular loaf pans, OR 24 muffins.) Fill pans or muffin cups 3/4 full.
4. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes (muffins), 20 minutes (mini loaves), or 25-30 minutes (regular loaves). Check with a toothpick or fork (should come out clean).
5. Remove bread from pans and place on a wire rack to cool, covered with a clean towel. While cooling, mix powdered sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Add just enough water to make a glaze. Poke tops of bread with a fork or toothpick, and drizzle the glaze over the warm bread.
Slice bread with a thin serrated knife and serve warm, or allow bread to finish cooling, and store in a sealed bag or container.
*Freshly-ground cloves and nutmeg makes this the best! :)
This recipe was given to me from my friend Kathryn M. Kathryn modified this pumpkin muffin recipe from allrecipes.com and came up with what I think is the best pumpkin bread recipe ever!
Our family received a loaf of this bread as a gift, and it was so delicious! I think we all declared it "The Best Pumpkin Bread Ever"!!
This bread is light, soft, sweet, fluffy, and perfectly spiced. I begged my friend Kathryn for the recipe, and she agreed to divulge her secrets. ;)
Freshly-squeezed orange juice, fresh orange zest, and freshly-grated nutmeg are the key components to making this my new favorite pumpkin bread recipe! Drizzle with cinnamon glaze and enjoy while still warm... or allow to cool and enjoy as dessert or a snack.
This bread tastes amazing. I am disappointed that my photos do NOT do it justice! This bread disappears quickly, and I find myself wanting to make more right away! It's so good! You will not regret making this bread, and your family will love you for it! ;)
|Average vote based on 7 reviews.|