Fluffy Kefir Pancakes
The most delicious, fluffy pancakes you will ever eat, made with kefir!
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups kefir*
1/2 cup milk or buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs, lightly beaten
Fresh fruit, butter, or syrup, for serving
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, combine kefir, milk, vanilla extract, and eggs. Add to dry mixture and mix just until moistened. Batter will be lumpy!
3. Pre-heat griddle or skillet over medium heat (or just below). Lightly grease griddle or skillet, and spoon batter on.
4. When many bubbles have risen to the top of the pancake (about 3-4 minutes), flip over and continue cooking until done (about 1-2 minutes).
5. Serve immediately, or keep pancakes warm on a plate in the oven until all have been cooked. Serve with butter, fresh fruit, or syrup. Enjoy!
Fluffy Kefir Pancakes, served with
homemade apple topping
5-6 minutes per batch of pancakes
I created this pancake recipe using kefir instead of plain milk or buttermilk. It makes very fluffy, light pancakes, with a great flavor and texture! I use kefir that has cultured for at least 24 hours or longer.
My family loved these pancakes! You can't taste the kefir, really. These pancakes were the best I'd ever eaten! Even Joshua, who usually isn't the biggest fan of pancakes, really enjoyed these. My rating: 10/10.