A baked spaghetti dish with a layer of creamy white cheeses inside
12 ounces angel hair spaghetti*
1 pound ground beef
1 small-medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
salt and pepper, to taste
26 ounces spaghetti sauce
8 ounces sour cream
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
12 ounces cottage cheese
1. Cook spaghetti according to package instructions (al dente). Drain and rinse with cool water.
2. Brown meat with onions and garlic. Drain excess grease and add salt and pepper. Add spaghetti sauce and mix well.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine cottage cheese, cream cheese, and sour cream. Mix until well-combined.
4. Put half of the pasta in the bottom of a 9x13-inch casserole dish. Layer half of the cheese mixture and half of the meat mixture. Add remaining mixtures in the same order, with meat-sauce mixture ending on top.
5. Bake uncovered at 375 degrees F for about 30-45 minutes or until bubbling & heated through. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
This recipe was submitted to tammysrecipes.com from Serena L. Photos above are shown with spaghetti (rather than angel hair).
Serena notes, "Recipe also works well with low fat/fat free ingredients."
*I have tried this recipe with 8, 12, and 16 ounces of the pasta. I prefer 12 ounces of pasta for the amount of other ingredients here. Original submitted recipe called for 8 ounces.
Original recipe also called for 4 ounces mushrooms, drained or fresh, added to the meat sauce mixture.
This is a delicious, creamy baked spaghetti recipe! It's quick to make, and tastes delicious. "Dreamy" is a very good description of this dish!! If you love creamy, cheesy pasta sauces, try this dreamy spaghetti! My rating: 9/10.
|Average vote based on 8 reviews.|