Podcast: Cooking with children
I'm excited about this week's podcast, Cooking with children! In the podcast, I try to give helpful tips for having fun times in the kitchen with our children, including specific examples as well as general guidelines. I also talk about why I feel so passionately about involving my children in everyday things, like work in the kitchen.
Cooking with children is about 10 minutes long (3.3 MB). Right-click and then click on "save target as" to save the file to your computer (do this if you have dial-up, especially!), or just click to stream and listen. :)
On a related note: For fun, I thought I would dig up some of my older blog entries that related to children helping in the kitchen!
- One of Yehoshua's favorite and most memorable experiences was when we dehydrated a whole lot of bananas! Read all about it and see photos here! :)
- I took pictures of Eliyahu's first time to help wash the dishes, at 10 months of age. He has the most fabulous time!! :) Helping with dishes is still a huge attraction in my kitchen, and my children never refuse soap, water, and dishes. ;) I know, Yehoshua's only 3... I'm enjoying it while it lasts, though! :)
- Yehoshua made cupcakes, muffins, and wood-black stew... :)
- Here is a picture of Yehoshua helping me wash cherries. This was from last year's sour cherry harvest. :)
- Yehoshua's first soup-stirring experience... he felt so privileged!! :)
- Here is a photo of Yehoshua helping me make brownies. :) Eliyahu was still only about 6 months old at the time.
- Last fall's tomato crop... Yehoshua was kept busy washing tomatoes for us! :)