Chicken and Stuffing Casserole
A quick and easy casserole of dressing and chicken, remniscent of Thanksgiving dinner but practical enough to make weekly!
3 cups cooked cubed chicken pieces
2 cans (15 ounces each) cream of chicken soup*
2 cans (15 ounces each) chicken broth**
8 ounces chicken stuffing mix***
1/2 cup butter, melted
1. Combine dry stuffing mix with the melted butter, stirring to coat.
2. Whisk together the cream of chicken soup and the chicken broth.
3. Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Spoon 1/3 of stuffing mixture into bottom of pan. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the chicken and cover with 1/2 of the soup mixture. Repeat layers, and finish with the final 1/3 of the stuffing mix.
4. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30-60 minutes before baking.
5. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes, until hot and top is browned.
*I make my own soup mixture, to avoid the MSG.
**I either use chicken broth saved from a previous cooked chicken, or make my own using bouillon and hot water.
***I substitute 3 cups of homemade stuffing mix, again, to avoid the MSG.
This is a great meal, and super-easy. It's tasty, and can be made ahead of time, which means it's great for busy days. It's almost as good as having roasted chicken, gravy, and stuffing... with a whole lot fewer dishes at the end. My rating: 9/10