Chicken Gravy over Egg Noodles
CreamyÂ seasoned whiteÂ gravy with chicken pieces, served over egg noodles
2 c cooked chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
1 1/2 c strong chicken broth (or use water + chicken bouillon)
2 T chopped onions
1 c milk
1/3 c flour
1/2 t garlic salt
1/8 t black pepper
1/8 t parsley flakes
2 T sour cream
2 c (dry) egg noodles
1. Cook egg noodles according to package instructions.
2. While preparing noodles, start making the gravy. Put the chicken, onions, and chicken broth into a pan and bring to a boil, cooking until onions are tender.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, flour, salt, pepper, and parsley. Add to boiling mixture and boil until thickened, stirring continuously.
4. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream until melted. Drain egg noodles.
5. Serve gravy over noodles.
Chicken Gravy, served over broccoli and rice
This simple meal is delicious when madeÂ with leftover chicken. I suggest tasting as you cook/season, to avoid over- or under-salting. The milk and sour cream give this a smooth texture. My rating: 9/10