A delicious banana quick bread with whole wheat flour for extra nutrition!
1 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup all-purpose flour (can use all whole wheat flour if you want)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup sugar
1 cup mashed banana (about 3 medium bananas)
1/3 cup butter, melted
2 tablespoons milk
1/4 cup chopped nuts, optional
1. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl with a whisk, making a well in the center.
2. In another bowl, mash together bananas, butter, milk, and eggs.
3. Add banana mixture to dry ingredients and stir briskly until no lumps remain. Stir in nuts, if using.
4. Pour batter into a greased and floured loaf pan. You can use an 8 x 4 loaf pan, but I like to use one that's slightly more narrow, for a taller loaf of banana bread.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes, until bread tests done with a fork or toothpick (comes out clean). If bread is browning too quickly, lay a piece of foil on top of the loaf while it's baking.
6. Cool loaf on a wire rack, covered with a clean towel. When cool, slice with a thin knife. Banana bread can be frozen.
This banana bread recipe was passed to me from my friend Judy F., and it's the one I always use. It turns out great! You can freeze the whole loaf and slice it later (while still frozen, even!) or, slice and freeze wrapped in individual serving-size packages for lunches or a quick snack. :) My rating: 10/10
|Average vote based on 11 reviews.|